CLG Meeting minutes / notes from 30th March 2017 – @ 6:30pm Arkwright Centre.
Progress to date / Planned work and Issues. Points raised –
- There has been a reduction in activities over the last couple of weeks.
- Bolsover Land Ltd are re-assessing the methods being used in the cleanup operation at this stage.
- Works will commence on and after 17th April, this will enable the ground to rest.
- More controlled and smaller areas will be targeted in the next stage.
- This will include the areas of hot spots for contamination and will consider environmental factors such as wind direction and weather change bringing warmer and dryer conditions.
- Soils treatment area continues to “work”, however residual odours continue to be emitted.
- Odour sheets still haven’t been removed yet, this will have massive impact on odour peak when they are lifted.
- Standing water (colour of pink) has resided slightly, dry weather is helping to reduce generation of waste water.
- There have been fewer complaints over the last few weeks. (phone calls EA, local authorities, face book).
- Total of 45 recorded complaints. There are 17 isolated / one off calls and 28 are reoccurring complaints.
- The EA have found no impact to air and water and have tested the River Doe Lea.
- Completion date (delayed) perhaps around June 2017, but this will be reviewed during the measured and forthcoming stages.
- The water treatment plant has not been touched yet. This may be one of those other challenges.
- Media coverage / website / newsletters on the project and clean up reports including photos (before and after) to illustrate the process are currently being placed onto the DCC and Bolsover Land Ltd websites.
- Site visit with the Community Liaison Group was useful, Photos taken to represent the scale and progression of cleanup are posted on stanfreevalley.org
- A series of public site visits will be scheduled over the weeks to come. These are taken via the Bolsover Land Ltd website and through contacting Alun Hayes (Bolsover Land Ltd / Marcol).
- The Bolsover Civic Society meeting held in March was useful with attendance of 25 people.
- Next meeting End of April 2017 for further updates.